1. 1 cup finely grated cauliflower
2. 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs ( I prefer whole wheat bread , though you can use white bread also). Keep the bread slices in the refrigerator overnight to firm up the soft bread a bit and then blitz in the food processor for just a few seconds to get light and soft fresh breadcrumbs
3. 4-5 cloves of Garlic very finely chopped
4. 2 tablespoons cornflour
5. I large egg beaten
6. ¼ th cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
7. One tablespoom oil
8. Salt and pepper
9. Half a cup dried breadcrumbs to coat the cutlets
10. Oil for deep frying
1. Warm the tablespoon oil in a pan , add the finely chopped garlic , stir on medium heat till the cloves are cooked , though I prefer the golden fried flavor the best.
2. Toss the grated cauliflower and stir fry for about two minutes to gently cook the cauliflower while it still remains crunchy.
3. Let cool to room temperature and then toss in the breadcrumbs , cornflour , egg , coriander leaves and season with salt and pepper.
4. Shape into cutlets , roll into the dried breadcrumbs and refrigerate for atleast half an hour .
5. Deep fry on a little more than medium flame to a crispy brown.
6. Serve with Tomato Ketchup , fresh cutneys or perhaps you would like my Carrot dip.
1. Two medium Carrots cubed into one inch chuncks
2. ½ cup sour cream
3. 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
4. Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the cubed carrots on a strainer and place the strainer over a pot of boiling water to steam the carrots. You could cover the strainer with a lid.
Steam the carrots till they are cooked but still just a little firm. Let cool and blend to a fine and smooth puree , adding a dash of water if necessary.
2. Place a tablespoon of oil in a pan , keeping the flame on medium let the oil get warm , add the cumin seeds and the moment they change colour , add the puree and stir for about 10 seconds . Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the sour cream once the puree comes to room temperature. Serve with the cutlets, chips or tacos.