Summer is just round the corner .Scorching sun and cool shades , hot afternoon breeze and chilled fizzy drinks , warm days and comfortable cotton clothes , piping hot food followed by chilled desserts. I love summers . And I love ice creams . Thank you so much for appreciating my ice cream pictures and encouraging me to come up with exotic and yummilicious flavors.
Simplicity has always been my mantra and my ice cream recipes follow the same rule. A few easily available ingredients , a few simple steps and then a delicious outcome . I have always strived for that. This summer I have for you all a basic ice cream recipe. And you know what, keeping this as the base you can make your own flavors. So come on, stretch your imagination and perk up your enthusiasm and make your own signature flavor and please share it with us by posting the picture with a few lines on the timeline of my Fb page so that others can enjoy another different flavor this summer.
Basic Ice cream recipe .
1. 400 ml or two small tetra packs of Amul whipping cream
2. 200 grams Milk Chocolate ( I have used Morde)
3. 2 – 4 tablespoons of castor sugar . don’t use any more than this , infact check the sweetness after adding two tablespoons , and if need be add a little more. Please note that tooti frooti , candied fruits etc all are sweet so its safer to keep the basic ice cream just about sweet , sugar can always be added later , even after adding the other things. You could skip the sugar and add honey for an absolutey amazing flavor. Honey and Fig icecream was a hit with my family.
4. A teaspoon of vanilla essence , if you want a plain ice cream , or any fruit essence if you want a fruity flavor. This is optional .
5. Half a cup of chopped figs if you want Fig Ice cream , If you want tooti frooti then half a cup of that ,chocolate chips , butter scotch chips , there is many a flavor in the market to try . I have used chopped candied pineapple and papaya measuring to about half a cup or three fourth is also fine.
1. Chill the whipping cream tetra packs in the refrigerator for alteast 2- 4 hours.
2. Chill the container in which you will beat the cream in the freezer for atleast 10 – 15 minutes.
3. Break the milk chocolate into about one inch sized pieces and place in a Borosil or Pyrex bake and serve glass bowl ( Just a microwave safe glass bowl might crack when the chocolate melts ) . Microwave for atleast 2 minutes and stir to smoothen out the chocolate. Let it come to room temperature.
4. Whip the cream with an electric egg beater for about 5 – 7 minutes till it increases in volume and gets soft peaks.
5. Stir in the cooled melted chocolate and sugar to taste.
6. Add chopped figs , or any combination of candied fruits ( I have done pineapple and papaya ) , tooti frooti or like I said , please come up with more and more interesting ideas and share with us.
7. Pour in a freezer safe glass bowl ( Borosil , Luminarc ) or an aluminium container or bowl ( seal with an aluminium foil to avoid crystals ).
8. Chill for atleast 4- 6 hours. ENJOY !!!!!!