Pinacolada , a delicious combination of exotic ingredients delicately balanced to make a Divine drink. And what if we make a pudding with the same ingredients and yes it has to be done in a “Smart Cooking “ way. That’s the latest and most flattering compliment I have got from a lady who cooks very well herself.
1. 200ml Coconut milk ( I have used Kara )
2. 200ml Whipping Cream ( I have used Amul )
3. 1 ½ tablespoons gelatin
4. 125 grams icing sugar sifted
5. ½ cup of water
6. ¼ cup of Coconut white Rum ( I have used Malibu )
7. One cup of chopped tinned Pineapple pieces
1. Chill the Whipping cream and Coconut Milk in the refrigerator for a few hours.
2. Sprinkle the gelatin in half a cup of water and keep aside for ten minutes.
3. Chill the mixing bowl in the freezer for a few minutes.
4. Place the bowl of gelatin mix on a pan of hot water and stir for a minute or till you get a glue like mixture with all granules dissolved.
5. Pour the two tetra packs in the chilled mixing bowl and using an egg beater whisk the mixture till it almost doubles in volume. Gradually add the sifted icing sugar a tablespoon at a time.
6. Pour the gelatin mix in a thin stream into the mixing bowl and keep mixing with the egg beater.
7. Add the quarter cup of Malibu and give one good mix.
8. Pour into the serving bowl and chill overnight or till the pudding is firm and set.
9. Sprinkle a cup of tinned pineapple pieces and serve chilled.