I can see that you all really liked the Chocolate Nutella recipe I posted on my Fb Page. I got a few queries about the recipe so here are the answers to all of those. I have used Amul Whipping cream as it has no added sugar and inreases a little in volume on whipping , and doesn’t treble like the other brands. Also I like the fact that the Amul Whipping cream comes in small tetra packs of 200 ml as well the large 1 litre ones.
I love making Ice creams at home , I find a kind of thrill in churning a few indredients and then placing the mixture in the freezer and letting it do the magic of giving it a delicious texture.
1. 500 ml Amul Whipping cream
2. 300 grams Dark chocolate ( I use Morde)
3. 6 heaped tablespoons or One fourth jar of Nutella
1. Chill the whipping cream tetra pack in the fridge for atleast 4- 7 hours.
2. Five minutes before starting to prepare the ice cream , chill the steel bowl in the freezer in which you will whip the cream.
3. Measure 500 ml Amul Whipping cream and pour in the chilled bowl.
4. Using an egg beater whip the cream till it increases in volume , stiffens a little and finally forms soft peaks.
5. Leave the cream to come at room temperature. Meanwhile break the chocolate into about 2 inch pieces and place in a Borosil or Pyrex bowl and microwave for about 2 minutes. To check if the chocolate has melted , just touch a chocolate piece with the back of a spoons and if it melts away that means the chocolate has the desired consistency. You could even place the chocolate in a steel bowl and then place it over a pan of simmering water , the water should not touch the base of the bowl. Keeping the flame on low so that the vapors of the water do not come in contact with the chocolate , keep stirring the chocolate pieces till they melt away. If you let the bowl remain on the hot pan the chocolate will remain melted and not set.
6. Touch the melted chocolate to check if it is still not hot. If it has cooled down a bit , pour it into the whipped cream. Add the Nutella and give a good mix.
7. I would suggest that the ice cream be set in a freezer safe Glass bowl or in an Aluminium container.
8. It will take about 4 hours or more for the ice cream to set.
If you want to enjoy your ice cream even more then serve it in an Icecream cone and relish it for long while chatting with your family or friends.
The next ice cream recipe coming up is “Honey Fig “Ice cream.